Union Christian Church, Halifax County, Virginia, was organized in the year 1830 by Rev. Lewis Craven. At the request of Mr. Craven, he was buried on the spot where he preached his last sermon. This buriel spot is located in the Virgilina Cemetery and is easily found near the cornerstone of the old church. According to information printed in the book, Along the Border, written by Rev. Harry R. Mathis, in 1927 the contract was let for $9,000.00 for a brick veneered building with an auditorium to seat four hundred people and including five Sunday School classrooms. The building was completed in April 1928 in downtown Virgilina at the present address of 8021 Florence Avenue.
Rev. Sidney Rodriguez serves as pastor. Sunday School starts at 9:45 and Worship Service starts at 11:00.